Sunday, December 16, 2007

MM

Whew! Classes has finally officially started this week. Immediately after the trip back home from the hospital on Tuesday, I rushed back to UP to attend the day 1 of my Master of Management class. I had to see the division secretary first to get hold of my class cards and I was really excited. I forgot that I took no decent lunch that day while I was in the hospital. I only had Chinese lumpia dipped in tomato sauce. Nevertheless, I didn't feel starved, I only felt the sudden surge of eagerness and excitement by the mere thought that I'd be going back to school after nine long years. haha
I was able to meet a few classmates before the clock struck five-thirty PM and we had a little chance to chat and get to know one another. At around six PM, our teacher came in, a canon in focus and a laptop in tow. She wore a white long sleeved blouse and khaki pants, no make-up, not even wearing lipstick or lip gloss. I figured she was a stern professor by the way she glanced at us the moment she made the roll call. Then we're made to introduce ourselves to the rest of the group, I came second in the list because I was seated next to the first person named She. Darn, I wasn't as attentive to the first speaker and I missed getting her complete name, I was so busy thinking about what to say when my turn comes. When it was the third person's turn to speak, I got my pen and listed each of their names in my notebook, where they are currently connected, how old they were (at least to those who opted to divulge their ages), as well as their nicknames, then their expectations on the course and from UP. One seemingly young male classmate said he enrolled the course just to check if his brain still works, then we all burst out laughing, I chuckled. Well, recalling what I said, I expected to gain new friends and acquire new learnings, a phrase I shamelessly copied from She. (I was not at all original, shame on me and I thought I owed her something) Good thing we rode the same jeepney route in going home, I paid for the ride.
We will meet again Tuesday next week. In the first four meetings, it will be our professor who would do all the talking but the meetings after the fourth one would be tougher, we would already start the group presentation of case analysis. I could only wish myself good luck to this new endeavor. I hope this time, schooling would be a lot more fun than it was way back in my college days. Although it takes three long hours per meeting, the consolation is it's only done once a week. While I barely had enough monetary provisions before, with my work now, at least I could afford to buy myself dinner after class, not just feast on White rabbit when hunger strikes.
Now, do I have any reason to be happy? Yes, the anticipation that I'll be actively networking with a new bunch of buds is reason enough to get high and excited. I am grateful to my boss for granting me the opportunity to go back to school once more. Thanks, Boss. The grade would be another story.hehe

No comments: