Sunday, December 16, 2007

Immensely Blest

Pssst, would you believe it? Our group is the most lively and the most united one from 201 class. Ours is a mixture of an accountant, social worker, two bankers and a planner. What a perfect combination it is! And we are a mixture of diverse people coming from various regions sometimes I could not believe how we managed to hit it off considering our varied cultural backgrounds. Michelle hails from the beautiful Bohol, Ruth from Balamban, Lorelie from Dumaguete, Jane comes from Palawan and I'm from Sogod. When all five personalities meet and blend together, imagine the result. We are the group who constantly shares our food (Jane's) to the rest of the class, be it cashew nuts from Palawan or finger foods and cookies, the ones who refrain from talking but passing a sheet of paper around to speak our minds then giggle aloud when funny things are written, the most inseparable cluster who appears to be very accommodating, the most humane group, I should say. And we could not get enough of each other. Eventhough the case study does not require us to meet as a group, oh we do just to share what we see are the problems involved and in a way, make it easier to dissect the whole case. We do believe in the power of converging our thoughts and drawing power from a group idea. We are quite good on this plus the endless sharing we have on mundane matters, some even too personal to divulge but we do with ease as we have found mutual trust among each other over a whole pan of Yellow Cab/Shakey's pizza or over McDonald's goodies. We usually start our group meeting with food to fuel our brains and fill up our tummies. I for one always long for that special bond we have. It's nice to belong to a group of technocrats in their own fields of specialization and having identified myself with the rest of them. I ever felt younger, so carefree and immensely blessed. School is a lot of fun especially in UP. It's so challenging when the professor catches you off-guard by the multitude reading materials in such a limited time, too little time, too much to do. But we still find the time to play badminton and dilly-dally. We burn our midnight oils, yes, two days prior to the set deadline, funny how fast we could get a grasp of the problem in such a short time, having not so much accomplishment the previous meetings where there was still ample time. We tease each other, tell below-the-belt kind of jokes at times and laugh our hearts out really loud. I could see Ruth's blushing cheeks as she laughs, Jane's puzzled look and Lor's reserved smile, Michelle's funny comments while me, oh well, I laugh the loudest. I easily get amused and I could easily spot funny punchlines. This is just me, I guess. Jane always looks puzzled, you should see that look in her eyes with matching crumpled forehead, she looks innocent and so lovely.
Ah, my group is simply great...these girls are like younger sisters to me. How I look forward to each and every interaction we have. How blessed I feel every time we share about our little complicated lives and how we give uplifment to a lowly soul who needs care and love. May we stay this way and continue to be a blessing to one another.

No comments: