Sunday, December 16, 2007

...he's leaving and... it makes me sad

I'm not usually like this when somebody tenders his/her resignation to join other companies to seek greener pastures. But this time I feel that it isn't like me at all. Coz a good guy friend of mine would soon join his wife in NZ and even before he tenders his resignation, I'm already falling apart. I've been asking myself why for the longest time...His name is Roehl, his is a name that just rings uniqueness, so like him in a lot of ways. We don't agree on most things almost all the time, in fact I 'hate' him sometimes for his suave and gentle ways, you know that love-hate type of feeling, that's how I always feel about him. I admire him for his cool nature but I hate him because he doesn't go for slow love songs which I love listening, in the contrary he is so fond of pop rock, alternative and new wave. I'm a hopeless romantic and he isn't. He hates badminton but loves swimming instead. But as if by fate, we became really good friends, we talk about everything and anything under the sun. That even now that we both have partners of our own, we still care for each other in a very special way. I ride with him almost every afternoon after work as we're coincidentally neighbors and he is a good friend of my husband too, they grew up together. But I only met him at work way back 99. He was that sole dependable person who saved me once from the wrath of my brother-in-law, the very kind soul who extended a hand and offered his home to me when I was too lost and I could not thank him enough for that. That I could almost vocalize the song, "Oh friend, it's so nice to feel you hold me again, no it doesn't matter where you have been, my heart welcomes you back home again..." and inside I feel like crying. Sometimes it confuses me why I feel such terrible pain of solitude and crippling loss simply by the thought that he will no longer be around. Even writing this post gives me a heavy heart. I wish I could cheer myself up and condition myself that soon he will be out of here and life goes on even without him, but how? At the moment, I'm cherishing each and every moment with him, I argue with him lesser and lesser now, I express what I truly feel, I don't hold back my feelings, even the most nonsense ones. I laugh out loud over his corny jokes at lunch, I chat with him every chance I get (now getting more wholesome, no more nasty stuffs like before) and I constantly and honestly told him I would truly miss him, not minding to filter my thoughts and my emotions for time really flies so fast and as much as possible, I want to imprint happy and good memories of me in his heart, the kind that would make him smile and say that he's glad he befriended me because one thing is certain, he has become a very vital part of my existence and I'm just glad he came into my life.
For you my ever dearest friend, I hope life will be kind to you and no matter what happens, be in touch with your roots, with your good old friends and family for they will be the ones who will back you up and will always be there for you. Hope you'd stay humble and gentle, it got you so far here, no doubt this same trait would get you beyond what you imagined to achieve. Just do the things that make you happiest, remember that I will always be praying for you and your family. What are kumares for? I love you, my friend. As early as now, bon voyage! Happy hunting.

No comments: