Sunday, December 16, 2007

Did I Tell Ya

DID I TELL YOU…

I started reading novels at age 11, the very first was The Sweetman Curve, a detective/suspense, crime/thriller/mystery novel by Graham Masterton and I got hooked to loads and loads of Mills and Boon novels from my neighbors after that; the kerosene lamp burned up my hair because I could not put down the book and we still had no electricity back then.

I tried to grow flowering and ornamental plants like my elder brother only to find out that even with consistent watering and cultivation, they still wilted, dried up and died. But now I successfully grew a “fortune plant” contained inside a porcelain cup given to me as birthday present by my Godmother in September 2004; I’m proud that it has grown new stems and healthy green leaves, now towering over my figurine collection on top of my desk.

I am specially attached to my mother and each time we talk, I usually do most of the talking until the wee hours of the morning and whenever I cry, she also cries with me, never says much and calms me down by her reassuring and silent wisdom.


I am a sporty person, started training for volleyball in 5th grade and became part of the central school’s delegation for the Volleyball district meet in Bogo in 1986. Continued playing the sport until high school and was the team captain during my senior year.

My high school’s biggest crush, a wavy-haired boy with deep-set eyes, courted me during our gardening class while I was busy watering and weeding the eggplants in the plot assigned to me and when he hesitantly but bravely expressed his intentions, I felt my face blushing, I was nervous as hell and my heartbeat raced so fast, I never uttered even a single word until he left me…and he didn’t come near me ever again.

Joined CAT-I training in third year high school and met my first ever BF (not necessarily first love) who gave me my ever first kiss too.

My favorite subject was Physics but I ironically flunked my Mechanics 311 in third year college just because I was crazy in love and it consumed me whole when we broke up.

I miss my six siblings so much, especially my Manang Bebie now that 80’s love songs are playing on my PC speakers, I remember how she loved the songs Terminal, Meet Me Halfway, Take Me Now and Reality. Now I’m turning sentimental again.

I met Lynette at COSAP during the Ms. Teen Cebu City pageant '94 and to this day, she was and still is the sweetest gal I’ve ever met in my whole life, the very BIG ready hugs, those made me feel loved and accepted beyond telling. Thanks, Nette. I miss your hugs damn much.

I met a handful of good female pals after that, to name a few, Chantelle and Evelyn, and I’m just happy our friendship didn’t end even though we could not spend so much time together. I’m glad they’ve become a part of my life.

That I love the wisdom of Florence each time the group discusses marital issues and she’s one of the fairest women I met.

I hang out with my badminton buddies on weekends and we bond like brothers and sisters and oh, I’m the only one who doesn’t have a car, so I got the chance to switch drivers every now and then!

I have three wonderful networks to associate with, the SHS Alumni wives’ group, the USJ-RIEBatch 97 group and the MNC Badminton Addicts’ group and I love being part of these groups to explore my life in different angles. And all of them make me appreciate every single blessing in life.

I am sentimental and a cry-baby, a whiner and a not-so-patient Mom but I’m glad to have a husband who still loves me so much, who does not give up on me whatever happens.

I love red roses; I even picked some yesterday from Mom’s garden to give my desk a lively lift, color and life, right now it still looks dainty and beautiful. Maybe one more day before it finds its way to the trash.

No comments: