Sunday, December 16, 2007

Development


After a long, long time of not blogging here in multiply, I am back...my trips to Mindanao had been really exhausting but I did miss doing the thing that I love, writing. So much has happened, so many things have changed, so much of myself had been transformed in a matter of months since I became a 'consultant' by accident.
I never thought this kind of job would become me, I used to think I could not be as good an IT Consultant and a Project Implementor at all compared to the others who have IT or programming background at that. Thanks to my teammate for making me see and realize I could be categorically considered 'good' in this field especially on the business process aspect of the job.
And if there's one great thing I appreciated and I found most enjoyable in it, it's on meeting and getting to know different people from varied cultural backgrounds and how I eased my way out with the majority of them. My other teammates sometimes get too disturbed by my unique and distinct intensity in handling people, in dealing with "exceptional" exemptions and substandard practices people do. But for me it was more like a part of the package, if I don't have this sense of strength and sure demeanor, I could be eaten whole and alive on the field especially down south. Sometimes I ask myself, what could be the price I have to pay for all these? I admit, I intimidated so many salesmen and sales office managers, sometimes even the GM but for me that is just the start of establishing the relationship with all of them, just a prelude to something great or worse. I don't rehearse what I should say, although the night before each opening and closing meeting that I preside over, I ask for guidance from above to supply my mind and my heart with wisdom to answer in the most logical, humane and fair way. I sometimes feel guilty each time I notice smirks, raised eyebrows, dismayed look and oftentimes the gestures of vagueness and uncertainty in the eyes of people attending those countless meetings. I always inject words of wisdom in my lectures, thanks to Dr. Chaves and the readings she introduced to me in masteral, some quotable quotes I love from the Bible and some notable phrases I picked up from the numerous books I read. Like my fave teammate, I had been an avid reader who always had the habit of remembering noteworthy lines and thoughts from all the reading materials I got hold with in the past.In fact, this gives me more motivation to keep on reading and writing to polish the skill, if indeed it is a SKILL in itself.
Well, on the flip side, I know I laugh a lot with my teammates, I am myself and most of all, I am enjoying this break so much. Thanks be to God for the wonderful people I got the chance to meet along the course of my job. Everytime I say my goodbyes, I made sure my gratefulness to their coming into my life was known.
To you my friends, thanks for being a part of this wonferful journey...I am wonderfully blest with good friends, family and great work. I am counting my blessings everyday...Thank you Lord for all these.
Next stop, CDO until the 22nd. I know so much still has to unfold and I am as excited as before to get a taste of the life in Iligan.

No comments: