Sunday, December 16, 2007

Paying It Forward


Maybe it's a part of my daily agenda to do things to delight the people around me, to put value in every interaction with everyone and everybody, to give each one a smile, a hug if the need be, give comforting words to those dampened souls and share a good laugh to those who are sunny and gay. There are moments when my heart sings for joy and I share this happiness within to everybody, I just knew it, if I project a happy disposition, all of them would turn out happy too. It begets a positive aura and I am a sucker for happy moments and pleasant environments. This is so me, I want everyone to feel happy and just be truly happy as can be with me.
I generously give what I have, at times my hub complains that I tend to give so much which often leaves nothing for myself, I usually answer him back by saying that it gives me pleasure beyond telling to help someone in need. I sometimes ask myself, "Is it my fault if my siblings turn to me for help? Is it a sin giving out more than what should be given and still allow them to take from me even if broken promises had been made by them in the past?" I console myself by filling my thoughts about the value of sharing without expecting any gratification in return. And would you believe it, good deeds do come bouncing back to you in ten, twenty, hundredfolds. I could vouch to this one! It may not come exactly packaged in the same form as the manner you gave them out but it just comes back in a lot many forms and nature. As for me, it all came back in good friendships, the truly enriching kind I often could say, "God, how do I deserve to be blest this much?" I turn teary-eyed with happiness, I could only sing, my heart swells with joy! Sometimes I feel so special to be lavished with the attention I get, trying so very hard never to let it get into my head and just feel grateful, utterly thankful. How should I exactly articulate this? I am so thankful right now to those people who are responsible for making me live my life fully and beautifully (you know who you all are).
Maybe just maybe, I learned to live like this through experience, I learned all these the hard way. But there's one thing I could say with conviction, as long as one does things right from the very core of her/his being, life would always be pleasant, worth sharing and worth living. I know I am about to close one crucial chapter in my career yet I know in my heart that a bigger one is waiting for me out there. The most important thing of all is that I'd be taking with me the friendships, the love we've shared in the last seven years, the lessons I've learned and the person that I become. Along the path of life, I could only be sure of one thing, I gave out as much as I should, I loved, I served, I made people happy when they are with me. I go lighthearted, no extra baggage, armed with only the highest of hopes that life would treat me kindly where fate would take me from here. For as long as I have faith that the captain of my life knows the course, I need not feel weary. And this is the most liberating feeling of all, when you know that beyond what you can bear, there's someone who would carry you through. Keeping my feet firmly planted to the ground, I just have to trust that God is working in my life in such a mystical way and in His time, I shall understand why all things happen the way they do. That there's a divine order on every event in a person's life, in my life. He's the best when it comes to giving out simple surprises, simple blessings that would last a person his whole life through, the things that he so package in a way that's so tailored fit for you. And I could not contain the amazement it brings me each time, He is truly a perfect God. He knows exactly when and from what direction the blessings come from for one to truly appreciate what He's given. If there's one person who's good in paying things forward, it's Him, my God, our God. We only need to be keen to be aware of His divine interventions on a daily basis.
Like I got so worried I would not be able to settle my bills as my final compensation would be held in month-end and shall be released after a month along with my gratuity pay and my final take-home pay and guess what, my hub was blest with an AVP project for the wedding of Marriott's big guy that paid him quite handsomely, so tailored-fit to our financial needs right this very moment! Oh, God is truly good in making things happen the way He so designed them to happen enough to catch our attention and give that much needed momentary impact. Believe in the principle of paying things forward by going the extra mile and you'll never go wrong. This is my all-time mantra. What have you?

No comments: