Sunday, December 16, 2007

What I Want for Christmas


A number of close friends asked me what is it I want for Christmas...honestly I still haven't thought about that real much. I want to say all I want for Christmas is a pair of purple havaianas slim flip-flops but no, I don't want it that much...in fact I bought myself a pair and after a week of using it, I did not see it as something so different from my usual brand of rubber sandals. Well, they say the comfort factor makes it one-of-a-kind, not either. I had tried Nikon brand before and up until now, it's still the most comfortable flip-flop brand I had tried. Maybe it's the fad that's making it special...at least I am sure it's not the something I want for Christmas.
I thought about books, what kind? Do I have the luxury of time to read when I am on-site? I realized I don't have, instead of reading, I try instead to catch up get some sleep.
I took a look at my Lacoste perfume bottle, I almost run out of supply because I use it on a daily basis when I do support. But this morning, it felt nostalgic when I smelled D&G Light Blue on Evelyn, my best friend. Oh, the scent blends so well with her natural scent, having known her for years and years, I know for sure what line of scent suits her. I tried spraying some on my pulse points and yeah, it becomes me as well. Evic, Evelyn and I wore the same scent today that made people stare at us in the mall. I find it amusing 'though. Now I am thinking, shall I get D&G instead of Lacoste for Christmas? I am still thinking. hehe
I am actually the type of person who do have a wish list but never expects those wishes given to me, why? Because I tend to wish for very expensive things or commodities. I usually purchase the things myself one-at-a-time. In fact, ifever I am lucky to own a house, I want to equip it with a soundroom with a mini-theater in it. Maybe I would watch Celine Dion and Eagles DVD over and over again. Oh, wishes!!!
A new cellular phone, it came accross my mind also but I just bought myself a Sony last September, I cannot afford to be exorbitant this time. tsk...tsk...
Bags, shoes and purse...no need, Tita Sue gave me a Tommy Hilfiger bag early this month, I have more than fifteen pairs of shoes on standby in my shoerack since I am continuously using open type leather sandals on site and sometimes my 360 rubber shoes in case I feel like it, and I just got myself a Girbaud wallet in November. Looking at the accummulation of backpacks, wallets, belts, shoes, sandals, body care products that I bought on sale, the great number of Hollister and Abercrombie blouses and polo shirts, I know I don't need anything material this Christmas.
What I absolutely need is something immaterial, something soulful, something personally fulfilling that is called LOVE...This is the only thing that I would always long for even if it's given to me endlessly and repeteadly every single minute of my life. The love of my "Mahal" is the only thing I want for Christmas and everyday of my life. It is something no amount of money could buy or trade with.
I hope it's not too much to ask for LOVE during this season of giving. Merry Christmas!

No comments: