Sunday, December 16, 2007

A New Perspective

It's been quite a while since I last scribbled some lines on my journal. I was too occupied with lots of things lately. It seems that after attending the Gung Ho seminar, there are suddenly so many things to do that came about out of the blue, goals that I wanted to pursue and obligations that I needed to attend to and personal commitments I have to religiously deal with. I just suddenly felt the dire need to play badminton again, to exercise and to eat a healthy diet. I have to do something about my goal to pursue a master's degree, not just think about it as so far-fetched. It came to me that if I only think about it and not act upon it, I wouldn't be able to do something worthwhile until I reach age 50. I once made it a personal vow to only take up masters once I drive my own car and how would I be able to own a car when all I have is just enough for my family's needs? In just a matter of weeks, my perspective changed and I am determined to go for it, even without the car in tow. Somebody of influence gave me an advice that goes like this, " Empty the coins in your purse into your mind, and your mind will fill your purse with gold!" He added that this thought is for me indeed. Well, makes a lot of sense. After giving it some thought, I submitted a letter of intent to my boss asking her permission to allow me to take up masters and guess what, after three long days of waiting, she gave me a thumbs-up sign. Oh, God is truly amazing! This would mean that I wouldn't need to empty my purse inorder to fill it with gold...
This positive outcome turned out to give me some more positive things to do and to hope for, hence, the law of multiplicity. I grabbed my long-at-rest badminton racket and started playing about two weeks ago, it feels really good to be up and about. The sport not only gave me physical gains but also emotional and spiritual favors. It does not only make me feel good about myself, it also gives me an opportunity to share my life to others and vice-versa, the jokes that we share in between, the coffee-drinking sessions and everything about it that keeps me connected to and with others. That in the middle of crisis, we could still find things to thank God for, to be grateful about. And I've never felt so grateful for the blessings He has given me, my two boys, my ever-loving husband and my family who feels grateful for having me too. One good act could multiply into a hundred good reactions too from all directions.
Thanks to Gung Ho for putting things into perspective for making me see that in my own way, I could still contribute to the betterment of the society and the country, starting out from my very own family, I could make a difference to others' lives, that gradually I could impart to others the goodness within and hopefully make theirs shine for all to see as well. And by going the extra mile, I'd be an example to my children so that they may live a life of service above self. Only if I have a mind of a child could I let new knowledge come in, only if I have an open heart, can I receive and give love more fully, hence my motto is to pack an open mind and an open and passionate heart and be like a child, to ever get excited about life.
I made it my personal conviction to tithe, to say and mean my I love you's to my spouse, to act responsibly and sensibly at work, to come on time everyday (although I never had any time management issues before), to express myself fully, to give love and to receive love in return, to hope for better things to come my way, to be more grateful and to be more passionate about life.
I hope God would guide me to fulfill all these for His greater glory.

No comments: