Monday, October 13, 2014

To Cast The First Stone

To Cast The First Stone

People like to accuse someone of something that either destroys the person's reputation or make the person's personality tainted in the eyes of the public. This is nothing new in a more general term and specifically to me as well.

The greatest shock in my life happened sometime August when a 'supposed' close family member broke this pathetic accusation which happened a long time ago, six years to be exact or more. I felt berated, disheartened, spirits dampened yet had no intent of getting back at the person throwing me that accusation. I resorted to silent treatment and total disconnection from them in social media. It's my right, I figured.

The worst thing of all was the fact that the one who spread that rumor is dead. Or, who is telling the truth now? This is something that remains a puzzle to me. Yet, for the sake of peace-of-mind, I no longer got any interest in making a fuss. Let them who believe are sinless, blameless, faultless, cast the first stone.

I believe that no one is perfect but I have very clear sense of right and wrong. It's not that I am letting them be, what I am saying is, let them do their thing, the more they cast a stone at me, the more their insecurities surface. And who cares?

No comments: